Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting started for 2011!

Well, it is about that time of year again. I have already started seed for my tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants for the Spring garden! What am I growing this year? Well glad you asked!



Tomatoes:

Yellow Pear

Yellow Mortgage Lifter

Mortgage Lifter

Pink Giant Belgium

Black Krim

Cherokee Purple

Delicious

Mediterranean

Australian Giant Oxheart

Tumbling Tom, red and yellow



Hot peppers, sweet peppers, and Black Beauty Eggplants.



I have 4 different carrots already sown in the garden, Cosmic Purple, Atomic Red, St. Valery, and Tondas. Radishes and Spinach have been sown too, plus I have brocoli and collards growning like weeds currently.



Momma and I are going to be attending a spring veggie class at Maas Nursery in Seabrook next month. There is a fee ($40) but in addition to the wealth of information you get from Jim Maas (a go to garden guy for this part of the world) you get containers full of veggies and a whole lot of other stuff to take home. Should be a great class.



Until next time, gonna go eat some of my broccoli.



-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment